Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Run

I had a really nice run with my husband today. But it didn't start out being that way. It was a cool, drizzly morning that makes one have second thoughts about running. My husband proposed running from Patuxent Branch, around Lake Elkhorn and back, a 6-mile route. I wasn't really quite up to 6 miles yet, so I wanted to walk quite a bit.

My husband started out fast, and then midway through the run, he had a neat idea. He suggested that we run from bridge to bridge, and then walk a bit. Apparently, he doesn't like to run over bridges, and the walking part was fine with me. It turned out to be a really enjoyable run. I like running side-by-side with him, even if he listens to his iPod and then starts singing along! At the end of the run, the sun came out and raindrops hung from the branches, glistening with sunlight.

The run capped off a weekend that started with a Saturday morning 1,300 yd swim that included two 400m time trials, to get a seed time for a race I'm thinking about entering. It was a really warm, spring day, so I got in a 9-mile bike ride in the afternoon, and topped it off with my core routine. Then I did the run on Sunday and an abbreviated core routine. Afterwards, I was just pooped! When I look back at previous posts, I realize that I'm slower to hit milestones this year, like a 6-mile run, but at the same time, I feel stronger and things seem easier.

No comments: