Thursday, April 10, 2008

To My Sister: You Go Girl!!!

I sent my coach's report of the swim meet around to my family, as that's the kind of things moms and other folks like to read.
My sister e-mailed back and says that she is also swimming, biking, and running and is thinking of trying a triathlon. Isn't that weird? My sister and I almost never talk to each other--we haven't had any contact in more than a year, and we're practically estranged. And now--separated by 1,500 miles, three states, and a lack of communication--we happen to be doing the same three sports???!!! Is it coincidence, or something more? Is it hereditary, or the environment? Or...is there something devine that bonds sisters?
So often I've wondered why I'm doing this. Now I know. I hope this triad of sports brings us closer together, but I'm also realistic.
To my sister: YOU GO GIRL!!! I hope you try a tri!!
Above: My younger sister (at left) and I growing up in Wisconsin, where we had a suburban home on an acre of land. My mom made the outfits, as you can tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a WONDERFUL, artistic and thoughtful mother! the outfits are just darling! almost as cute as the two of you!