Saturday, June 7, 2008

First Brick

I did my first brick today by cycling 2 miles to my favorite park, running 2 miles on the trail, and then cycling 2 miles back home, and then running a short distance around the neighborhood. The shorter distances suited me fine, and I could see that the repetition of the final run was helpful, as that's where I felt the slowest on a morning that was heating up quickly. On the trail, I could also see a lot of other folks had the same idea of getting their runs in early before the heat came on.

Cycling back home, there's a long, steep hill and a sign prohibiting truckers with heavy loads. All last summer, I could never make it up that hill and always wound up walking halfway up. Today, I had no problem getting up the hill. And as LeftRightRepeat says, this is a small victory!

No comments: