Monday, August 4, 2008

Sometimes You Need A Bottle of Wine

In the Susquehanna Valley of Pennsylvania there’s the Shade Mountain Vinyards along Route 104 in Middleburg. This winding, rural road also has a number of neat local attractions. Then we turned onto Route 45 which is known as an artisan's trail, a motorcycle route (and we saw a lot of them!) and goes through a state forest.

I so wanted to visit this winery and thought about how romantic it would be to stop at this quaint place and how nice it would be to have a bottle of local wine for dinner. But it was not to be.

Sometimes the things you want are simple and inexpensive. And the things that are romantic are so easy to do…like stopping to see the sights instead of rushing by. Or taking time out of a busy Saturday to talk. Right now, I just wish to catch my breath after a month of travel, but life keeps speeding along.

1 comment:

Maura said...

Susan just sent me your link and though I am presently enjoying a chocolate chip cookie instead of wine...I really enjoyed reading your blog! I love to learn about people's experiences and perspectives. I love swimming at the Y, but it's difficult to really have a"conversation"...just bits of small talk in between sets and while they are chasing us out of the locker room! Thanks for passing on your blog and sharing your stories. Congrats on your first triathlon! I look forward to reading more posts, swimming, training, and getting to now you better this year!