Saturday, September 20, 2008

11 miles

Today, I did the longest run I've ever done...11 miles in 2 hours. I'd been looking forward to this run for a long time. I ran the IronGirl route twice, then ran another lap around the park. The run was supposed to be a 10 miler, but I knew the route was longer and I wanted to stary on my feet for 2 hours. I've been using a run/walk ratio of 4/1 and not only is this easier on my body, it doesn't slow me down at all. When I compare my long runs this year to similar runs last year, I find that I'm running just as fast, if not faster. The temperature was cooler, around the mid-60s and it feels like fall weather is starting to come on. I'm training with fingers crossed...and I'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

Susan Elliott said...

A big congratulations Susan! I am very impressed. It's always so much fun when you reach a new goal. I hope you rewarded yourself...