Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My New Ride


I'm going to take this blog back to its humble beginnings and talk about some of the things got this bog started in the first place...swimming, cycling, and running. After a long layoff and an ITB injury, I've been slowly trying to get back to the triad, but it's been tough with grad school. When push comes to shove, what will win out? A) sleep, B) homework, C) exercise. (This is a multiple guess question.)

The one thing that I have been enjoying is my weekend rides. My big 2009 Christmast present was a new Specialized Dolce with a compact crank. The picture above was from my first spring ride with the new bike. I feared that my feet would get stuck in the clipless pedals and I would fall in a heap and scratch the bike. Didn't happen! Although I spent little time on the trainer, my feet are at peace with the pedals. I'm having a lot of fun with the newfangled bike, playing with the brakes and the shifters on the handlebars.

I enjoy the anticipation of the rides and investigate new cycling routes on www.mapmyride.com. So what if I'm totally out of shape? If I want to dress up like a cycling fashionista and cruise around the block on the weekend, that should be encouraged. The scenery and the stress relief are priceless.

No comments: